Changes for boys
- Your penis and testicles will grow larger
- Pubic hair will grow at the base of your penis
- Your muscles will develop and your chest will get broader
- Your voice will get deeper
- You may start having wet dreams
- More hair will grow on your arms and legs
- More hair will grow on your face and you will need to shave
Hair may grow around your genitals at the base of your penis and on the scrotum. The scrotum is a bag which hangs down behind the penis and contains the testicles. The testicles are where sperm is stored. The size of your penis and scrotum will get bigger.
are when you ejaculate whilst you sleep- some semen comes out of your penis. It is perfectly normal and nothing to be embarrassed about.
is a fold of skin over the head of the penis. Some boys have this removed for medical or religious reasons, it’s doesn’t mean you’re any different. Boys who do have a foreskin need to wash gently behind it to stop it getting itchy or sore.
Growing up can be difficult as well as exciting too, if you’re really worried about any of these things try talking to an adult to someone you can trust.
If there’s something you feel you can’t talk about to anyone you know you can call Childine who are free and confidential on 0800 1111