Boys and Young Men
Perils of the Penis!!!!
How well do you know yours?
- The Penis is not a muscle
- A penis can break if it is violently twisted when erect.
- On average a healthy man has 3-5 erections during a full night’s sleep.
- Your penis continues to grow until you are about 21years old.
- The average size of an adult erect penis is 14-16cm (5.5 -6.3 inches)
- Gently wash your penis with warm water each day in the shower or bath. If you have a foreskin, pull it back gently & wash underneath.
- Each testicle produces about 2000 sperm per second, or 150-1000 million a day!
- A man ejaculates about a teaspoonful of semen containing up to 300 million sperm.
- Sperm travels from the testicles through the sperm ducts to the penis. As they travel, fluids are added to produce semen.
- Heavy drinking and smoking can affect the quality of sperm.
- Just one drop of semen, pinhead size, contains around 1,500 sperm!
- Sperm can live for up to 7 days inside a woman’s body
- Semen is usually white, grey or may be yellowish
- Sperm swim at 1.5mm a minute…That’s roughly the same speed as a human swimmer!
- Semen is made up of 10% sperm, enzymes, vitamins, calcium, protein, sodium, zinc, and a sugar called fructose which gives the sperm energy they need to swim up to the woman’s egg.
Male Myths Dispelled
You cannot catch a sexually transmitted infection (STI) from a toilet seat.
If you visit a clinic to be tested for a sexually transmitted infection, there is no metal umbrella!
You cannot wee and ejaculate (cum) at the same time.
Penis size is not linked to foot size.
Masturbation does not make you go blind