Boys and Young Men
- The Penis is not a muscle
- A penis can break if it is violently twisted when erect.
- On average a healthy man has 3-5 erections during a full night’s sleep.
- Your penis continues to grow until you are about 21years old.
- Look after your penis and don’t forget to clean the end of your penis and testicles.
- Sperm is produced in the testicles.
- Each testicle produces about 2000 sperm per second, or 150-1000 million a day!
- A man ejaculates about a teaspoonful of semen containing up to 300 million sperm.
- Sperm travels from the testicles through the sperm ducts to the penis. As they travel, fluids are added to produce semen.
- Heavy drinking and smoking can affect the quality of sperm.
- Just one drop of semen, pinhead size, contains around 1,500 sperm!
- Sperm can live for up to 7 days inside a woman’s body
- Semen is usually white, grey or may be yellowish
- Sperm swim at 1.5mm a minute…That’s roughly the same speed as a human swimmer!
- Semen is made up of 10% sperm, enzymes, vitamins, calcium, protein, sodium, zinc, and a sugar called fructose which gives the sperm energy they need to swim up to the woman’s egg.
Male Myths Dispelled
You cannot catch a sexually transmitted infection (STI) from a toilet seat.
You cannot wee and ejaculate (cum) at the same time.
Penis size is not linked to foot size.
Masturbation does not make you go blind